Transmission Infrastructure Program
Western's Transmission Infrastructure Program has a $3.25 billion borrowing authority from the U.S. Treasury to construct transmission lines to help deliver renewable resources to market.
Program goals are to:
- construct and/or upgrade transmission lines to help deliver renewable resources to market
- select, study and/or build projects under this authority that are in the public interest
- solicit public input in identifying potential projects
- ensure projects do not adversely impact system reliability or operations, or other statutory obligations
- ensure projects are economically feasible and are adequate to repay project costs
- leverage borrowing authority by partnering with others
The TIP establishes the policies and practices to implement Western’s borrowing authority granted under Section 402 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The TIP consists of several major components:
Get TIP News delivered to you
Western is now offering an RSS feed for information specifically related to the Transmission Infrastructure Program and the Recovery Act. Subscribe to ensure you get the latest information about TIP!