Interagency career transition assistance plan
If you are a displaced Federal employee or are otherwise eligible, you may be entitled to receive special selection priority under the ICTAP. To receive this priority you must:
- Be a displaced Federal employee. You must submit with your application a copy of the appropriate documentation, such as a RIF separation notice, a Standard Form 50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. The following categories of persons are considered displaced employees:
- Current or former career or career-conditional (tenure group I or II) competitive service employees who:
- Received a specific RIF separation notice; or
- Separated because of a compensable injury or illness, whose compensation has been terminated, and whose former agency certifies that it is unable to place; or
- Retired with a disability and whose disability annuity has been or is being terminated; or
- Upon receipt of a RIF separation notice, retired on the effective date of the RIF and submits a Standard Form 50 that indicates “Retirement in lieu of RIF,” or retired under the discontinued service retirement option; or
- Received a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area.
- Former Military Reserve or National Guard Technicians who are receiving a special OPM disability retirement annuity under Section §8337(H) or §8456 of the Title 5 United States Code.
- Be applying for a position at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been separated. The position must not have a greater promotion potential than the position from which you were separated.
- Have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. You must submit a copy of this performance rating with your application package. (This requirement does not apply to candidates who are eligible due to compensable injury or disability retirement.)
- Occupy or be displaced from a position in the same local commuting area of the position for which you are requesting selection priority.
- File your application by the closing date of the vacancy announcement and meet all of the application criteria (e.g., submit all required documentation, etc.)
- Be rated well-qualified for the position. To be rated "well-qualified," ICTAP applicants must attain an eligibility rating on this examination of 85 or higher, not including points for veteran’s preference. If category rating procedures are used, you must be in the "Best Qualified" category (if there are 2 quality categories) or the "Best Qualified" or "Highly Qualified" category (if there are 3 quality categories).